Welcome to TRCA 2016.
The fifth annual CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award kicks off on 8 March 2016! If you are a CCRSB student in grades 7-12, you are invited to read from this year’s list of 10 amazing books and vote for your favourite to be the winner of the CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award.
CCRSB Library Services staff carefully chose the 2016 Top 10 based on the best critical reviews, readers’ reviews, and the books’ performances on well-respected awards lists. These titles represent a wide range of genres and include some of the best fiction and non-fiction published between January, 2014 and December, 2015.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Greenglass House by Kate Milford
- The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
- A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
- Nimona by Noella Stevenson
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
- We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a True Story by Josh Sundquist
Participating is easy! Just follow these three steps:
1) Read at least one of the Top 10 titles between March 8th and May 20th. All 10 nominees are available from your school library. If you’ve already read one of the nominated titles, read another! You never know – you may find your new favourite book.
2) Discuss the books with other CCRSB students on the pages linked at the top of this website. Please remember these rules when submitting comments:
- Don’t include any identifying information (last name, school, location, etc.).
- Be respectful of other students’ comments.
- Use school appropriate language.
3) Until May 20th vote for your favourite book to be the 2015 Teen Reader’s Choice Award Winner! The winning book will be announced on Tuesday, May 31st.
Head to your school library, grab a Top 10 book, and let’s start reading!