Announcing the 2013 Top 10 nominees!
The second CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award kicks off this week! If you are a CCRSB student in grades 7-12, you are invited to read from this year’s list of 10 amazing nominated books and vote for your favourite to be the winner of the CCRSB Teen Reader’s Choice Award. Last year, The Hunger Games won with almost 600 votes.
The 2013 Top 10 books have been carefully selected by CCRSB Library Services staff. They represent a wide range of genres and include some of the best fiction published between January, 2011 and January, 2012. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel
Participating is easy! Just follow these three steps:
1) Read at least one of the Top 10 titles between February 4 and May 3. All 10 nominees are available from your school library. If you’ve already read one of the nominated titles, read another! You never know – you may find your new favourite book.
2) During the reading period, discuss the books with other CCRSB students on the pages linked at the top of this website. Please remember these rules when submitting comments:
- Don’t include any identifying information (last name, school, location, etc.).
- Be respectful of other students’ comments.
- Use school appropriate language.
3) Vote for your favourite book online or in your school library between April 22 and May 3. The book with the most votes will be announced as the winner on Tuesday, May 14.
Head to your school library, grab a Top 10 book, and let’s start reading!
Posted on February 4, 2013, in News, Top 10 and tagged across the universe, anya's ghost, beth revis, between shades of gray, blood red road, carolyn mackler, divergent, jay asher, john green, kenneth oppel, maggie stiefvater, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children, moira young, ransom riggs, ruta sepetys, the fault in our stars, the future of us, the scorpio races, this dark endeavor, Top 10, top 10 nominees, vera brosgol, veronica roth. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.